Matt Wilson has a made a living off turning what may be junk to one person into treasure for another.
His store, Bisbee Wood and Wire off of Merle Hay Road in Johnston restores vintage or unwanted items and turns them into things that can be used or displayed around the house.
After a fire ignited shortly after 4 p.m. Friday evening, creativity won’t be enough to save all the unique items inside.
“This (globe) probably has no value at a retail standpoint. I will probably cut this globe in half and turn it into a lamp shade at this point,” said Wilson.
Wilson and a friend were preparing to close the store the store for the night when he heard a pop in a backroom.
He immediately saw the fire spreading into the attic.
“That’s when I knew there was no chance to put the fire out myself. I yelled to call 911 and we ran out the front door as quickly as we could,” Wilson told Channel 13 News.